Becoming A Member
Joining First West Credit Union is easy. Visit our Enderby & District Financial branch to become a member or simply open an account online.
Get Free Chequing!
Simplify your finances with a Simply Free Account™—it's simple, and free!Learn more
First West Credit Union offers members the financial strength, comprehensive product selection and extended branch network of a large financial institution while maintaining local brand identities and a unique grassroots approach to service. First West is British Columbia’s third-largest credit union with nearly $10 billion in assets, more than 240,000 members and more than 1,700 employees. It operates 53 branches throughout the province under the Envision Financial, Valley First, Enderby & District Financial and Island Savings brands.
Every member is an owner of the credit union and has a say via the board of directors in the credit union's general policies. Becoming a member is simple—just open an account and deposit $5 in member equity shares. Your shares are a one-time investment and are returned to you in full upon leaving the credit union. However, because your shares are not considered a deposit, they are not guaranteed by CUDIC.
Benefits of Membership
- You have full access to the variety of different products and services we have to offer.
- Your Enderby & District Financial MEMBER CARD® debit card provides you with access to your money, free of charge, at over 3,300 ATMs across Canada.
- Access your money while you're on-the-go through online banking, mobile banking or telephone banking.
- Benefit from our sponsorship activities and environmental efforts in your local community
- Have a say in shaping our credit union by voting for our Board of Directors and attending our Annual General Meeting (you can vote if you are 19 or older)
- Your deposits are 100% guaranteed by the Credit Union Deposit Insurance Corporation of British Columbia
Have a question? Simply contact us and we'll provide you with the information you're looking for.
Use our contact form to send us a message—we'll be sure to reply to you with the details you're looking for shortly.
If you're more comfortable coming in to see us, we'd be happy to chat with you about the questions you have.